Welcome To Our World

Thanks for dropping in. Our intent is to inform and entertain through our pictures and writings.







Monday, June 14, 2010

June 13

WOW the wind came up in the night and it was still blowing in the morning. BUG was up first so it was time for Minnow to get up too. Minnow is Gracie's name for me... it's a deviation of Minnie which is what the grand-daughters call me. Ron is Poppa to all the kids.

Everyone else took their time getting up. Ron and Bill took Winston and M (the dogs) for a walk. They took it upon themselves to go to Starbucks for coffee. Guess mine wasn't good enough. But can you imagine... they didn't even bring a latte back for us girls.

Pooched eggs, toast and sausages were on the breakfast menu then a walk was in order to keep Gracie busy. I also had to find the bus depot to pick up the oars. That proved to be an ordeal on its own. No address or phone number in the phone book for Greyhound. Some fella rattled off the phone number but when we asked the address he just stated "go strait ahead for a ways then turn left. It's just over there..." he said pointing in God knows what direction.

Bill, Leanne and Gracie toodled off home around noon. I spent some time preparing for next visitors, daughter Meghan and boyfriend Blair. They arrived earlier than planned so that they could leave earlier to go home. As the saying goes... time flies when you are having fun. Before we knew it, it was after 8. So much to talk about, so little time.

For those of you who do not know, Meghan and I (mother/daughter) are training for the Nike Women's Half Marathon taking place in San Francisco in October. I will be running in honour of children with lukemia and lymphoma.

After the kids left, Ron and I settled down for a cup of tea and a game of Scrabble. He whooped my butt, beating me by five points. This is about the third time Ron has been victorious playing Scrabble with me. I am going to have to sharpen my skills. Game on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment