Welcome To Our World

Thanks for dropping in. Our intent is to inform and entertain through our pictures and writings.







Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 15

Hello Family and Friends. Here we sit at Blind Channel Resort.... sounds expensive but it is not. Only a buck a foot and the interent is free. Now if you want electricity that will break the bank. Thank goodness for the solar panels.

To bring you up to date, where did I leave off - oh yea, that was Sunday evening. Monday we planned to do some last minute chores before setting off on Tuesday morning. We did just that; stocked groceries, ran a few errands, paid bills, filled the water tanks and most importantly, made plans for Tuesday.

Tuesday morning the alarm sounded precicely at 0500. We looked at the weather report and decided it would be too windy with 30 knots of wind on our nose. Wednesday looked better we decided so snuggled down in our cozy bed for another hour.

Up we got and I had to do something... just couldn't sit around and relax - that would be abnormal for me. Aha! I will build our anchor bridle. Prior to leaving we spoke with our Bluewater Cruising friend Scott. Scott and Sonya have sailed the world. It was suggested we get an anchor bridle that is half the length our our boat. Quite costly, I thought, so Ron purchased the necessary supplies before we left. So now, here in Campbell River, I had something to do. I spent some time building the bridle which included sprucing up on my three-strand splicing skills. It looks great and will serve it's purpose. I felt better getting it done before we need it in high winds at anchor.

Beleive it or NOT- Ron beat me at another Scrabble game. That man is on a roll. I will challenge him yet again and again and again until I find my winning streak.

Time to have a good night sleep as 0600 comes early.

No comments:

Post a Comment